Seems like several companies are now offering ways to launch your app into the top 100 or at least into a top category ranking.
Greystripe is one of those companies.
They just announced a program where if you’re willing to spend $.99 per download, they’ll drive a large volume of downloads your way.
- You pay $.99 download
- Minimum commitment of $10k (that’s a deal killer for many)
- Claim their ad formats convert the best (doesn’t really matter though if you pay on a cost/download)
- They’ll promote you amongst their network of apps/publishers
What I Like
Yet another possible way to get into top ranking.
What I Don’t (Like)
The price. I’ve actually done better than $.99/download using Admob, Quattro, and other ad networks.
More to Come
Several days ago I sent an email to Greystripe requesting more information. I have not heard back from them so far. Hopefully they are just overwhelmed with new business.
I will update this post if/when I learn more about this opportunity. They responded..see update below!
How About You?
Is this something you’d consider for your launch?
Feel free to ask questions and/or discuss in the comments!
Talked to the folks at Greystripe and they were very responsive. They sent me a bunch of great information. Appears to me that they’d be easy to work with.
Here is an example of a 300×250 ad:
- 4.9 million unique users
- CTRs – average US click through rate: 4% (impressive)
- Opt-in and take rates – 10% opt-in
- Can use your existing 300×250 flash creative
Photo Credit: Erik Charlton