In my last article, I wrote about the 7 things to consider when marketing an iPhone app. Now I want to dig deeper into iPhone app marketing that you can do for FREE.
Here are 3 places to market your apps for free:
- App Review Websites
- iPhone/iPod Touch Bloggers
- YouTube App Reviewers
These folks have LOTS of people approaching them, so you’ve got to be smart about how to contact them. Send them a personal email (or call them if possible) with good reasons why they should review your app.
Make sure to:
- Read their submission instructions carefully
- Include everything they request in your submission
- Explain what is unique/special about your app
- Share why your app is better/different from others like it
- Give them promo codes or something they can give away
- Send a fact sheet if you have one
- Link to a short (30 sec to 1 minute) YouTube demo of your app
- Give them a plate of warm cookies and/or a wad of cash
App Review Websites
Here are 20 App Review Websites to have on your list. I’ve placed them in order by their monthly traffic according to Compete.
iPhone/iPod Touch Bloggers
Here are 5 iPhone/iPod Touch Bloggers to have on your list.
|iPhone Blogs||Monthly Visitors|
|Apple iPhone School||74,139|
|Just Another iPhone Blog||63,610|
|The iPhone Blog||10,582|
|Apple iPhone Apps||4,904|
YouTube App Reviewers
Here are 5 YouTubers that review apps and have large followings.
|YouTube App Reviewers||Subscribers|
Good luck in marketing your iPhone app, getting to that top 100 ranking, and making some money for all your hard work!
Need more help? - You’ll find it in my How to Market iPhone Apps eBook
1/15/09 - thought you might find this post on Emanuele Vulcano’s success in marketing his iPhone app with no marketing budget.
2/19/09 – I stand corrected on App Scout. They are really more of a blog, than a review site. Thanks john888!
7/6/10 – Updated the lists of app review sites based on current traffic and used the WP-Table Reloaded plug in to make the tables!
Photo credit: laffy4k