At Pinger we launched our first iPhone app, Pinger Phone, in December. We’ve gathered tons of data from this free app (download, conversion, retention, usage rates, and more). But when you’re just looking at data from 1 app, you wonder if you’re getting the whole picture.
That’s why I was thrilled to find these slides today from Pinch Media.
Here are some of the key data points:
- Being in a top 100 list, increases daily users by 2.3x
- Average app has a prety short shelf life (like 30-60 days)
- Average revenue per paid app: $.70
- Need to have a CPM of $8.75 to make as much with a free ad supported app
- Estimates that < 5% of apps are suitable to be ad supported
Lots of Graphs:
- Number of downloads needed to hit Top 25 or Top 100 list
- Impact of price cuts on revenue
- Free app usage over time
- Paid app usage over time
- App usage over time by category
- Engagement over time for free, paid, & by category
“Unless there is something inherent about the app that screams free, sell it.”
You can view all 33 slides below or learn more about Pinch Media at their Blog.